I always ensure I get a minimum of one good quality hard working workout in every day. Whether this be weights, HIIT, running or a functional session. I also generally do an early morning run as I find this helps my blood sugar levels remain balanced throughout the day (as well as keeping that fat burning). Training should be enjoyed and not thought of as a chore so I always try to give variety to my own sessions as well as my clients sessions. .
Being a type 1 diabetic and a personal trainer it is vital my diet is right. Generally speaking I will aim to have a higher protein based diet which does still involve eating the dreaded "carbs" but just ensuring I get them at the right time, the right types and most importantly the correct portion size!
The main thing with any diet is that it has to be suited to the individual so what works for one may not work for others.
The main thing is to ensure you dont think of your diet as a 'diet' , but more as a lifestyle choice & so that it is suitable and manageable in your day-to-day lifestyle.
Lee Jessey Personal Trainer
Being qualified since 2007 I have great experience in working with a wide range of cliental. I have worked with clients who require fat loss, body sculpting, strength & conditioning and functional training for a specific sport as well as people who are just starting their fitness journey. I use a wide range of training styles and techniques to suit each individual and ensure they enjoy their training as much as they do their results..
Level 3 YMCA Gym Instructor & YMCA Personal Trainer
- Essex Rugby - representing Essex Rugby at under 16 up to under 19 level.
- Saracens Rugby Academy Elite Squad - I was included in the squad which involved training several times per week as well as representing Saracens Academy in fixtures.
- West Essex Cricket - representing West Essex region cricket squad from under 11 up to under 17.
- Scarborough Mercantile Cricket Club - I was given the opportunity to travel to Perth, Western Australia to represent Scarborough Mercantile CC for their 2010/11 season. I arrived in September in time for pre-season training and represented the First XI at the club after having a successful season the team came third in the league table. I was also given the opportunity to represent the League Representative XI as the ‘overseas’ player which was a great honour to achieve.
- After suffering a severe shoulder dislocation in 2006 I underwent major surgery to correct the injury at the end of that year. After completing 12 months comprehensive rehabilitation when competing in my return match, the same shoulder suffered a new injury, so I decided to retire and focus on my career in personal training and fitness.